What Is the Best Interior Door Material?
Which Interior Door Material Is Right for You?
To be clear, there is no such thing as an interior door type or style that will work for absolutely everyone. When it comes to designing and decorating your home, it’s easy to become overwhelmed by the details one must consider. The right interior door material might not be the first thing on your mind, but it is nonetheless one of your most important considerations.The difference in door material can be subtle and significant at the same time. The materials you decide upon will play a vital role in not only the quality of the door, but in terms of its aesthetic charm, as well. For these reasons alone, it is crucial to choose wisely. Keeping all of the above in mind, let’s take a look at the different interior door materials that are currently available to you. From solid wood, to solid core, to metal and glass doors, you are going to find yourself with an impressive range of choices.
How to Choose the Best Interior Door MaterialCost and function are the main things to keep in mind, as you consider the various interior door materials that are currently on the market. Here are the most popular choices. Keep in mind that if you have any questions beyond these basic descriptions, our experts at The Door Boutique will be only too happy to assist you:
- Solid wood doors: If you love all things traditional in home design, then you are almost certainly going to want to check out solid wood doors before all others. This is an ideal choice for those who want a natural, warm look to their interior doors. Solid wood interior doors can be made from a number of different wood species. Some go for the classic hardwood types, while others opt for something along the lines of pine, which is considerably cheaper. While there are some distinct benefits to this wood type, keep in mind that this type is also rather expensive.
- Solid core doors: If you want the sound/insulation qualities of solid wood, but you don’t actually want to pay solid wood prices, then solid core is going to be a solid bet. Plywood or molded composites are used to create the interior skin, and then wood fibers are used for other parts. This is a fantastic choice for those who want insulation and good sound quality at a price more reasonable than what one usually pays for solid wood.
- Hollow core: The main difference between hollow core and solid core can be understood by simply comparing the name. Solid core is filled with wood fiber materials, a hollow core door is completely empty. This might be the most affordable option available to you. To be sure, you are definitely getting a door with excellent insulation, sound qualities, and protection.
- MDF: One of the more recent interior door types to hit the market, MDF doors are engineered wood products that are constructed from recycled wood fibers. While MDF will not have the grain wood texture a lot of people like, they are extremely durable. For example, MDF doors are highly resistant to warping. For both affordability and durability, this has become an enormously popular choice with many home owners throughout the country.
- Metal and glass: Over the past several years, metal and glass doors have become very popular with individuals from all walks of life. If you want something that is perhaps more stylish and streamlined than what you would get with MDF, this might just be the choice for you. This option is a little pricier than some of the other choices we have suggested. At the same time, this choice is also cheaper than classic doors constructed from solid wood.
Comments are closed